Thanksgiving in the USA on November 23, 2017.
Where are you spending Thanksgiving?
We are having family in overnight. We are really looking forward to it.
I really wish I could have you over for a cup of coffee. We could share all of our gratitudes that we have been blessed in over this past year.
But since I can't, I thought this might be the next best thing.
This is the time of year for gratitudes and for preparations for the New Year. By encompassing both of these, I thought I could dedicate this New Year into a year of ‘Relaxing into Gratitude and Faith.’
I would like to take the next eight weeks to share some of my Gratitude passages. I hope you enjoy this tiny shift in our blog. I will begin today by sharing what they are. Next week, we will look at each one more closely and discuss some things about them. I hope you can relate to some of these. I hope you ponder why some of them made my gratitude list. I hope you come back throughout the next eight weeks and find out what makes them special to me.
Over the next eight weeks I will:
Here is a list of eight verses I am thankful for. I write them here for your perusal. I lay them out before you. Could you add to them?
1. "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; His love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
2. " 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me , and I will listen to you. And you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart. And I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.' " Jeremiah 29:11-14
3. "Then the LORD took note of Sarah as He had said, and the LORD did for Sarah as He had promised. So Sarah conceived and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the appointed time of which God had spoken to him." Genesis 21:1,2
4. "See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him." 1 John 3:1
5. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
6. "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39
7. "Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed. O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge" ⏤ which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith." 1 Timothy 6: 17-21
8. "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord , or of me His prisoner; but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher. For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.
2 Timothy 1:7-12
So, come and join me in the next eight weeks to do a little investigation of each of these passages. I challenge you to begin finding our own gratitude passages and begin a list for making '2018 the year of Relaxing into Gratitude and Faith.'©2018
Looking forward to you being here.
Let's discover some gratitude in the most interesting places.
Because He IS the I AM, i am
robyn rochelle cox
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Find out more about us by clicking: Reading, Reflection, and Bible Community
RR&BC,LL© All writings protected by copyright laws. Contact author or link to this page or website if you use or reference.
Robyn Rochelle Cox
WHOSE AM I?