Memorial Day 2018
Monday, May 28
A day to stop.
A day to stop and remember those who fight and those who have fought for the freedoms that we hold so dear. They fight for justice, they fight for right!
It seems that everywhere I turn I hear the word JUSTICE. To be honest, I know it is there. Yet, all I hear about is the crime. The sorrow. The sadness.
Did our loved ones fight, being wounded and falling dead, for nothing?
The overwhelming evil penetrates each of our lives. Here in the USA we walk around in the presence of a shadow. A shadow of what life 'should' look like, of what we know life 'should be.'
You've heard it, I've heard it. The frustration in the bleating cries of the school children, the confusion and hysteria of the concert audiences, the anguish of the city mothers as they bury one more of their children off the streets. There is no one segment of our population to blame. It is a cancer growing up out of the souls of the savage.
I am asking, "When will it end?"
"How can it continue?"
"Why can't people just stop doing bad and evil and horror? Just do what is right!
Yet one of the proofs of God's existence bubbles up in this frustration.
Have you ever thought that maybe we cry out for the goodness because somewhere deep down within us we know there is goodness to be found? God's goodness.
For you see, how could we know there 'should be' something other than all this evil, if we didn't have within our souls a God-Shaped-Void crying out for Justice and Honor and Goodness and Peace? The very essence of the Great God who IS.
Justice has been sought for thousands of years. The bible screams out for it. The very purpose of Jesus Christ's birth, life, death and resurrection is to bring JUSTICE for His Creation and offer His Kingdom and eternity to our souls.
In the old and ancient scriptures they were seeking justice. Read these ancient writings that are applicable to our own time and culture:
The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge.
Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless; plead for the widow's case.
Mankind will say, "Surely there is a reward for the righteous; surely there is a God who judges the earth.
For I the LORD love justice; I hate robbery and wrong; I will faithfully give them their recompense, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
There are more, but I will end with these last three.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
1. Thus says the LORD; Keep justice, do and use righteousness (conformity to the will of God which brings salvation), for My salvation is soon to come and My righteousness (My righteousness and justice) to be revealed.
2. Blessed, happy, and fortunate is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold of it and binds himself fast to it, who keeps sacred the Sabbath so as not to profane it and keeps his hand from doing evil.
3. Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the Lord say, "The Lord will surely separate me from His people." And let not the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."
4. For this says the Lord: "To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths and choose the things which please Me and hold firmly My covenant ⏤
5. To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial and a name better [and more enduring] than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off.
6. Also the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord to minister to Him and to love the name of the Lord and to be His servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath so as not to profane it and who holds My covenant [by conscientious obedience] ⏤
7. All these I will bring to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Isaiah 56:1-7 Amplified Bible
With these verses sprinkled throughout the bible, we hear God saying: "Keep doing what is right, even when others do what is wrong."
Looking into the future can be bleak.
If it were not for the reality of the miraculous truth of God, who is Mercy and Justice in one, where would we be? Lost. Forever Lost.
Praise God for He comes to avenge. He sees the lives that have been laid down for our country. He sees the hearts that have been damaged for our wounded. He knows and He WILL bring all heaven and earth into just and right and good and purity once again.
And until that day...
May I be aware of what I can do in my community to relieve those who are hungry and weak and weary.
Until that day upon His return.
God never forgets. Within Him our loved ones sacrifices are remembered for eternity.
So Memorial Days are held in His hands.
I myself remember my father today. Who do you remember? Leave a comment.
Because He IS the I Am, i am,
RR&BC, LLC ©2015
Robyn and Biff
Pray for you.
Robyn Rochelle Cox
WHOSE AM I?