If you remember the song, Nothing But the Blood of Jesus linked below, you are telling your age.
I almost feel sorry for the folks not privy to this encouraging song of the powerful sacrifice made by Jesus Christ through the spilling of his Holy Blood. It is an oldie, so if that grates on your ears don't open the link! You have been warned.
But there are not very many people talking about the blood of Jesus and that it (the BLOOD) is what declares us righteous. The blood of Jesus is what completes us and makes us whole. We no longer need to fulfill the law of God when we accept Jesus. It is like we are afraid we will get too graphic if we talk about blood. But, dear ones! It IS blood that was needed and it is blood, Jesus' blood, that was spilt!
We refer to accepting Christ as our savior. We talk about giving Jesus our hearts.
What does that mean?
Salvation rests on the truth that Jesus Christ, Son of God, came, lived a life free from sin, That he let himself be killed and his holy pure blood to be spilt to cover the Sin of the world. (your sins and mine)
This theological truth abut the blood sacrifice is not something that was only written in a song. It is the very crux of what brings us into the saving grace of God himself.
Romans 3:21-31 says it best.
21. But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and prophets long ago.
22. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
23. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.
24. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.
25. For God presented Jesus as the sacrificed life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past,
26. for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.
27. After all, is God the God of the Jews only? Isn't he also the God of the Gentiles? Of course he is.
30. There is only one God, and he makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles.
31. Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! in fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.
Romans 3:21-31 NLT
I know there are many themes we can talk about in the Christian faith. But when this theme is removed or neglected, we better watch out.
This is the Good News.
The world has the opportunity to receive relationship with God through the holy, righteous, pure blood spilt on the cross. by Jesus Christ.
May you be blessed by the acceptance of this truth. May your life be filled with God's righteousness and may your hearts be filled with God's pure love.
Because He is the I AM,
I am Robyn Cox.
Biff and I send you our love and our prayers.
I've been dealing with some family details of late. And I am thankful to be back and step by step getting back on track and into the rhythm of life.
Have you accepted that Jesus Christ died on the cross and spilt His blood for your sin? If not, please consider taking the offer He gives you in His word. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. As you enter into His Kingdom, be sure to take time to listen to Him by reading His words.
Remember, we are in relationship with the God Almighty.
Praying is us talking to God.
Reading the word is Him talking to us. This is a healthy relationship. LIsten/Talk, Listen/Talk...
Don't have a one-sided relationship. It is not only dysfunctional, it is crippling.
Share in the comments how you are entering into relationship with Him today.
Feel free to join and read His word daily in our wonderful community Reading, Reflection and Bible Community. You can join here:
Biff and Robyn Cox
Reading, Reflection and Bible Community
RR&BC, LLC © 2016
Robyn Rochelle Cox
WHOSE AM I?