John 6: 22-29
This passage is right after the disciples and Jesus had feed the five thousand with five barley loaves and two fish. It is right after Jesus' disciples left without Him in a boat and He decided to take the quicker trip by walking on the water!
John 6:22-25 NIV
22. The next day the crowd that had stayed on the opposite shore of the lake realized that only one boat had been there, and that Jesus had not entered it with his disciples, but that they had gone away alone.
23. Then some boats from Tiberias landed near the place where the people had eaten the bread after the Lord had given thanks.
24. Once the crowd realized that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boat and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus.
25. When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, "Rabbi. when did you get here?"
I have these words scribbled into the margin of my bible:
John 6: 26-29 NIV
26. Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.
27. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.
28 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
29. Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
It is all about Him folks.
Whatever we want to focus on:
the list goes on!
Think about the Food: i.e. I AM the BREAD!
He isn't the bread that is given for us to eat. He IS the bread. I thought it interesting when a teacher I was listening to tonight said, "think about the manna in the wilderness" Is the manna in the Old Testament a symbol of Christ to come?
small = humility
white = purity
round = eternity
new every morning = intimate daily relationship
This I know. Jesus does not give us something to eat - HE IS what we eat. He's not a fast food restaurant. Chewing on His Words is what meditation is all about! He wants us to sit down at His banquet...
He doesn't give us a door for security - He IS the door. He is the way - He doesn't want to tell us how to get someplace - He wants to take us there! Resting in Him.
He doesn't want to give us a vine to build into, He wants to be the vine we are in. The living breathing Jesus, so intimate He will meet us for coffee.
One other thing:
His manna was showered down new every morning...
don't let it go bad
fill up on Him daily!
He's not something to stick in your pocket and save for tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. I know that when I 'talk' about Him, He waits patiently on top of 'the train' I meet Him on.
He meets me there and I am saddened at the moments that I forged forward without Him.
May we feast on the bread (Him) in the mornings.
May we find the door (Him) securely protecting us from harm during the day.
May we flourish in the vine (Him) as we grow through our lives.
If I seek physical well-being I will die.
If I seek HIM I will eat.
If I seek protection from this world, I will be bowled over by the evil that is in it.
If I secure myself in Him as my door of protection, nothing can harm me at my core.
If I seek future and all that holds, I will find myself coming and going and become sick to death of myself.
If I seek Him I will LIVE life worth living.
Because He is the I AM, i am
robyn rochelle cox
He IS the Bread, He IS the Door, He IS the Vine - HE IS THE I AM.
Robyn & Biff Cox
May You Make Him Your ALL
Robyn Rochelle Cox
WHOSE AM I?