New Years calls for an Annual Review of both our lives and the last year.
I always begin this season asking God for a Word for the Year and a Verse for the Year.
Last year my word was three-fold: Root/Relax/Safe
Considering the past year, I am thankful for these words for in February of 2018 my mother's life began to suffer. We buried her in September. I found myself being held by God in so many ways. The Reading Reflection and Bible Community [RR&BC] was a great place of support and encouragement over the year. Thank you to all who were with me through those days.
As you can see from the blog number above, I failed to write five Learning How To Fear Well blog posts this past year. Instead of 52 blogs, I wrote 47. So, I did miss a few steps there.
But not one step was lost in our daily reading of the Word membership community. Everyday was a day filled with His words and thoughtful questions to ponder. Members found us here and were able to read along with us and ponder along with us every single day! Step-by-step.
And as has been proven over centuries, the step-by-step walking with God is what pulls us through more than all else.
As I review my year I look at things I did well, places I messed up, and where I can ask God to come in and change me in 2019.
What I have learned over the last sixty-two years.
And here on our website we are doing just that.
Here are two testimonies from our members that have been walking on this road with us:
"RR&BC has gotten me back in the habit of reading the Word every day. It has also introduced me to many reading/studying strategies that I had not used before" Member CC
"Oh, Robyn, please continue. Praise be to God!" Member BJ
Because of this and others, I see that He is forging us forward to continue here. And I desire to be open and honest with you all who come to share in our journey.
Biff and I live on a modest income.
The RR&BC, LLC and site costs money.
We ask for a monthly subscription to cover those costs. The company of RR&BC,LLC donates 10%+ to non-profit organizations. I live with a frugally wise man. And yet every month or so I ask him if he is still supportive of us being in this business of sharing the word with you and building a bible reading community. Every time I ask he says yes! This is how we are sharing Him. What a kind and loving man I married!
This year we are questioning how do we bring more members to our community not for the financial aspect, but for the community aspect. So this year we are inviting all of our members that have come (for a month, six months or a year) to this point be considered life-time members. We want to celebrate you and show you our appreciation.
We want you here.
When thinking about how to do this with other new members. God led me to the scripture about the farmer who hired workers. Do you remember that scripture? Matthew 20:1-16.
We will continue charging $9.97 a month with savings if you join for longer as is on our store page... . We believe with all of our hearts the hours spent in preparation and the benefit for all of us is more than that value.
If you desire to join us here, we would love to have you.
May God be with you in this new year 2019.
An overview of my life step-by-step walk with God.
1. Believer since eight.
2. Baptized at nine.
3. Begged God to be LORD of my life mid twenties.
5. Husband divorced me.
6. Graduated from University began teaching.
7. Bought first house & car by myself.
8. Began teaching home Bible studies and exploring Silence and Solitude Retreats.
9. Went to the Netherlands on mission trip. Felt God tug at my heart at forty-four. Questioned God: Where do You want me?
10. Investigated Masters Programs, Spiritual Formation Classes, Writing Degrees...Missions?
11. Continued waking up crying for European women without relationship with God. Investigated missions further.
12. All children grown and working on their own. Commissioned with a mission organization.
13. Left for Germany mission field.
14. Learned language, culture and led bible studies in Germany almost ten years.
15.Returned to USA. I was diagnosed with Spasmodic Dysphonia leading to an anonymous life for two years for vocal rest. Much silence and solitude, prayer and soul searching, seeking God at every moment.
16. Married the man brought into my life.
17. Called by God to share the bible through the internet.
18. Continuing to hear the call to share His Word with Christians willing to follow Him.
19. We have been here since November 2016. We will continue following Him.
Because He is the I AM,
Robyn Rochelle Cox
and Biff and I are thankful you are here.
If you want to join our community : Featured Products
simply click whether you desire to join for 1, 6, or 12 months. Then scroll down.
Drop by and see us anytime:
Christmas is celebrated here tonight.
We praise the Great I AM.
We welcome Him here.
To celebrate His birth.
He entered our world for one sole purpose.
To redeem those who sought Him. To redeem any and all that sought Him.
To redeem the world from sin and pain.
To redeem the world from the mess we made.
To redeem those deep in guilt and shame.
To redeem both you and
To bring us back to break bread with Him, to enter His presence with laughter and joy.
sin or blight.
Receive Him. Dine with Him tonight.
This time of year creates opportunity for re-evaluation. This time of year authenticity is needed. — Vol 2, Ch 36
I want to be perfect. Don't you?
I want to be able to function at high speed, with no drops 24/7.
I want to keep energy and be available to do any and all of the things .
I want to. But I'm not.
It takes courage to be authentic.
It takes courage to be real.
Where do I find that courage? that authenticity?
In evaluating this last year I have come up short on several goals. It is frustrating to me. 2017 was a much more productive year than 2018 year has been.
Yes, I have accomplished many goals this year, but the entirety of the year is overwhelmed with sadness.
So where is the good news in this? Where is the opportunity in this?
Well, with all of that hanging in the past, I am looking forward to the future 2019.
Where is the good stuff? the miracle?
I'm not done, or finished, or checking out, or ditching the goals I set for 2018.
Instead, I am filled with anticipation. I have been blessed by being lifted by His Words daily throughout this year. Sometimes carried, sometimes held, sometimes walking beside my LORD.
I want to be sure you understand. These sad events have not de-emphasized the JOY I find here on our RR&BC website. I find it a pleasure to pull up my daily readings and read and meditate. In fact, if I didn't have the community here I question if I would have been in the word as regularly as I have been.
I don't know how I would have gotten through the last year. I don't know how people do tough life without meditating in the word.
Where are you in this end of the year evaluation stage?
Are you questioning what you will continue and what you will let go?
Are you remembering that God's word is important to read regularly.
It is a really hard time in our lives, country, world. We need stability. We need a grounding before we face the world daily.
I can attest. After a year that has been hard and sad and difficult I would not be able to be as joy filled as I am without His word.
This is not the frivolous happy mode. This is the deep overwhelming understanding that no matter how I feel on the outside, I am confident on the inside that God has me in His wonderful loving hands and all that I am experiencing is simply forging me into a sanctified life. Sanctification isn't easy. But it is important.
If you desire to be able to forge forward no matter what the day brings. Come join us. We would love to have you.
And remember, you don't have to be perfect. Jesus came to be that for us. It is helpful to be authentic though. And that takes courage. Courage that can come from reading the Bible regularly.
Send us an email
We look forward to discussing with you how to join our community.
Be blessed this day.
Robyn & Biff Cox
email us: email@example.com
Wanna know what a page looks like in the Community?
Adam and Christ Contrasted
Today's Passage: Romans 5:12-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
12. When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.
13. Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break.
14. Still, everyone died — from the time of Adam to the time of Moses — even those who did not disobey an explicit commandment of God, as Adam did. Now Adam is a symbol, a representation of Christ, who was yet to come.
15. But there is a great difference between Adam's sin and God's gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ.
16. And the result of God's gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man's sin. For Adam's sin led to condemnation, but God's free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins.
17. For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
18. Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and a new life for everyone.
19. Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will made righteous.
20. God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant.
21. So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 5:12-21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Please consider joining us in this new year.
We are opening our membership on January 1, 2019.
Our subscription costs are changing. We desire to bring the Word in community daily to as many as would be willing to come.
Keep your eyes and ears open and return to find out what's new in this new year of occupying the land God has given you.
Robyn Rochelle Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
We, Biff and I, look forward to what God is doing in our lives and in yours.
Robyn Rochelle Cox
WHOSE AM I?