read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Sanctification and Love
Today's Passage: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the LORD Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more.
2. For you remember what we taught you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
3. God's will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.
4. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor --
5. not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.
6. Never harm or cheat a Christian brother in this matter by violating his wife, for the LORD avenges all such sins, as we have solemnly warned you before.
7. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.
8. Therefore, anyone who refuses to live by these rules is not disobeying human teaching but is rejecting God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.
9. But we don't need to write to you about the importance of loving each other, for God himself has taught you to love one another.
10. Indeed, you already show your love for all the believers throughout Macedonia. Even so, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you to love them even more.
11. Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before.
12. Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.
1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.