read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Walks on Water
Today's Passage: Matthew 14:22-26
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
22. Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home.
23. After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.
24. Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves.
25. About three o'clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water.
26. When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, "It's a ghost!"
27. But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here!"
28. Then Peter called to him, "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water."
29. "Yes, come," Jesus said.
So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.
30. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted.
31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. "You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?"
32. When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped.
33. Then the disciples worshiped him. "You really are the Son of God!" they exclaimed.
34. After they had crossed the lake, they landed at Gennesaret.
35. When the people recognized Jesus, the news of his arrival spread quickly throughout the whole area, and soon people were bringing all their sick to be healed.
36. They begged him to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe, and all who touched him were healed.
Matthew 14:22-36 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.