read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Teaches About Inner Purity
Today's Passage: Matthew 15:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
1. Some Pharisees and teachers of religious law now arrived from Jerusalem to see Jesus. They asked him,
2. "Why do your disciples disobey our age-old tradition? For they ignore our tradition of ceremonial hand washing before they eat."
3. Jesus replied, "And why do you, by your traditions, violate the direct commandments of God?
4. For instance, God says, 'Honor your father and mother,' and 'Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.'
5. But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, 'Sorry, I can't help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.'
6. In this way, you say they don't need to honor their parents. And so you cancel the word of God for the sake of your own tradition.
7. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote,
8. 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
9. Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.'"
10. Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "Listen," he said, "and try to understand.
11. It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth."
12. Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you realize you offended the Pharisees by what you just said?"
13. Jesus replied, "Every plant not planted by my heavenly Father will be uprooted,
14. so ignore them. They are blind guides leading the blind, and if one blind person guides another, they will both fall into a ditch."
15. Then Peter said to Jesus, "Explain to us the parable that says people aren't defiled by what they eat."
16. "Don't you understand yet?" Jesus asked.
17. "Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer.
18. But the words you speak come from the heart — that's what defiles you.
19. For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander.
20. These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you."
Matthew 15:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.