read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Judgment for Disobedience
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 9:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
1. If only my head were a pool of water and my eyes a fountain of tears, I would weep day and night for all my people who have been slaughtered.
2. Oh, that I could go away and forget my people and live in a travelers' shack in the desert. For they are all adulterers — a pack of treacherous liars.
3. "My people bend their tongues like bows to shoot out lies. They refuse to stand up for the truth. They only go from bad to worse. They do not know me," says the LORD.
4. "Beware of your neighbor! Don't even trust your brother! for brother takes advantage of brother, and friend slanders friend.
5. They all fool and defraud each other; noone tells the truth. With practiced tongues they tell lies; they wear themselves out with all their sinning.
6. They pile lie upon lie and utterly refuse to acknowledge me," says the LORD.
7. Therefore, this is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says; "See, I will melt them down in a crucible and test them like metal. What else can I do with my people?
8. For their tongues shoot lies like poisoned arows. They speak friendly words to their neighbors while scheming in their heart to kill them. 9. Should I not punish them for this?" says the LORD. "Should I not avenge myself against such a nation?"
10. I will weep for the mountains and wail for the wilderness pastures. For they are desolate and empty of life; the lowing of cattle is heard no more; the birds and wild animals have all fled.
11. "I will make Jerusalem into a heap of ruins,"says the LORD. "It will be a place haunted by jackals. The towns of Judah will be ghost towns, with no one living in them."
12. Who is wise enough to understand all this? Who has been instructed by the LORD and can explain it to others? Why has the land been so ruined that no one dares to travel through it?
13. The LORD replies, "This has happened because my people have abandoned my instructions; they have refused to obey what I said.
14. Instead, they have stubbornly followed their own desires worshiped the images of Baal, as their ancestors taught them. followed their own desires and worshiped the images of Baal, as their ancestors taught them.
15. So now, this is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel, says: Look! I will fed them with bitterness and give them poison to drink.
16. I will scatter them around the world, in places they and their ancestors never heard of, and even there I will chase them with the sword until I have destroyed them completely."
Jeremiah 9:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.