read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Gideon Defeats the Midianites
Today's Passage: Judges 7:1-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
1. So Jerub-baal that is, Gideon) and his army got up early and went as far as the spring of Harod. The armies of Midian were camped north of them in the valley near the hill of Moreh.
2. The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many warriors with you. If I let all of you fight the Midianites, the Israelites will boast to me that they saved themselves by their own strength.
3. Therefore, tell the people, 'Whoever is timid or afraid may leave this mountain and go home.'" So 22,000 of them went home, leaving only 10,000 who were willing to fight
4. But the LORD told Gideon, "There are still too many! bring them down to the spring, and I will test them to determine who will go with you and who will not."
5. When Gideon took his warriors down to the water, the LORD told him, "Divide the men into two groups. In one group put all those who cup water in their hands and lap it up with their tongues like dogs. In the other group put all those who kneel down and drink with their mouths in the stream."
6. Only 300 of the men drank from their hands. All the others got down on their knees and drank with their mouths in the stream.
7. The LORD told Gideon, "With these 300 men I will rescue you and give you victory over the Midianites. Send all the others home."
8. So Gideon collected the provision and rams' horns of the other warriors and sent them home. But he kept the 300 men with him. The Midianite camp was in the valley just below Gideon.
9. That night the LORD said, "Get up! Go down into the Midianite camp, for I have given you victory over them!
10. But if you are afraid to attack go down to the camp with your servant Purah.
11. Listen to what the Midianites are saying, and you will be greatly encouraged. Then you will be eager to attack."
So Gideon took Purah and went down to the edge of the enemy camp.
12. The armies of Midian, Amalek, and the people of the east had settled in the valley like a swarm of locusts. Their camels were like grains of sand on the seashore — too many to count!
13. Gideon crept up justa as a man was telling his companion about a dream. The man said, "I had a dream and in my dream a loaf of barley bread came tumbling down into the Midianite camp. It hit a tent, turned it over , and knocked it flat!
14. His companion answered, "Your dream can mean only one thing — God has given Gideon son of Hoash, the Israelite, victory over Midian and all its allies!"
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.