read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 6:54-81
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
54. This is a record of the towns and territory assigned by means of sacred lots to the descendants of Aaron, who were from the clan of Kohath.
55. This territory included Hebron and its surrounding pasturelands in Judah,
56. But the fields and outlying areas belonging to the city were given to Caleb son of Jephunneh.
57. So the descendants of Aaron were given the following towns, each with its pasturelands; Hebron (a city of refuge), Libnah, Jattir, Eshtemoa,
58. Holon, Debir,
59. Ain Juttah, and Beth-shemesh.
60. And from the territory of Benjamin they were given Gibeon, Geba, Alemeth, and Anathoth, each with its pasturelands. So thirteen towns were given to the descendants of Aaron.
61. The remaining descendants of Kohath received ten towns from the territory of the half-tribe of Manasseh by means of sacred lots.
62. The descendants of Gershon received by sacred lots thirteen towns from the territories of Issachar, Asher, Naphtali, and from the Bashan area of Manasseh, east of the Jordan.
63. The descendants of Merari received by sacred lots twelve towns from the territories of Reuben,Gad,and Zebulun.,
64. So the people of Israel assigned all these towns and pasturelands to the Levites.
65. The towns in the territories of Judah, Simeon, and Benjamin, mentioned above, were assigned to them by means of sacred lots.
66. The descendants of Kohath were given the following towns from the territory of Ephraim, each with its pasturelands:
67. Shechem (a city of refuge in the hill country of Ephraim), Gezer,
68. Jokmeam, Beth-horon,
69. Aijalon, and Gathrimmon.
70. The remaining descendants of Kohath were assigned the towns of Aner and Bileam from the territory of the half-tribe of Manasseh, each with its pasturelands.
71. The descendants of Gershon received the towns of Golan (in Bashan) and Ashtaroth from the territory of the half-tribe of Manasseh, each with its pasturelands.
72. From the territory of Issachar, they were given Kedesh, Daberath,
73. Ramoth, and Anem, each with its pasturelands.
74. From the territory of Asher, they received Mashal, Abdon,
75. Hukok, and Rehob, each with its pasturelands.
76. From the territory of Naphtali, they were given Kedesh in Galilee, Hammon, and Kiriathaim, each with its pasturelands.
1 Chronicles 6:54-81 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.