read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
This is Written That You May Know
Today's Passage: 1 John 5: 13-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
13. I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.
14. And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.
15. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.
16. If you see a fellow believer sinning in a way that does not lead to death, you should pray, and God will give that person life. But there is a sin that leads to death, and I am not saying you should pray for those who commit it.
17. All wicked actions are sin, but not every sin leads to death.
18. We know that God's children do not make a practice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them.
19. We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one.
20. And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.
21. Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.
1 John 5:13-21 NLT
Read the passage from Last to First!
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from Chapter 5.
For example: Chapter 5:21-13.
Grace that is lavished upon us. It is LAVISHED.
Recognizing that means that we are simply vehicles available to share Your love.
Thank You so much Father.
Bless us LORD, Jesus.
This is our day to serve you. Bless us to do your will.
In your name.
Please leave your name and your first initial in the comments below.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.