read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Lamentations 2:11-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Oh My, I see me.
11. I have cried until the tears no longer come; my heart is broken. My spirit is poured out in agony as I see the desperate plight of my people. LIttle children and tiny babies are fainting and dying in the streets.
12. They cry out to their mothers, "We need food and drink!" Their lives ebb away in the streets like the life of a warrior wounded in battle. They gasp for life as they collapse in their mothers' arms.
13. What can I say about you? Who has ever seen such sorrow? O daughter of Jerusalem, to what can I compare your anguish? O virgin daughter of Zion, how can I comfort you? for your wound is as deep as the sea. Who can heal you?
14. Your prophets have said so many foolish things, false to the core. They did not save you from exile by pointing out your sins. Instead, they painted false pictures, filling you with false hope.
15. All who pass by jeer t you. They scoff and insult beautiful Jerusalem, saying, "Is this the city called 'Most Beautiful in All the Earth"?"
16. All your enemies mock you. They scoff and snarl and say, "We have destroyed her at last! We have long waited for this day, and it is finally here!"
17. But it is the LORD who did just as he planned. He has fulfilled the promises of disaster he made long go. He has destroyed Jerusalem without mercy. He has caused her enemies to gloat over her and has given them power over her.
18. Cry aloud before the LORD, O walls of beautiful Jerusalem! Let your tears flow like a river day and night Give yourselves no rest; give your eyes no relief.
19. Rise during the night and cry out. Pour out your hearts like water to the Lord. Lift up your hands to him in prayer, pleading for your children, for in every street they are faint with hunger.
20. "O LORD, think about this! Should you treat your own people this this way? Should mothers eat their own children, those they once bounced on their knees? Should priests and prophets be killed within th eLord's Temple?
21. "See them lying in the streets — young and old, boys and girls, killed by the swords of the enemy. You have killed them in your anger, slaughtering them without mercy.
22. "You hve invited terrors from all around, as though you were called them to a day of feasting. In the day of the LORD's anger, no one has escaped or survived. The enemy has killed all the children whom I carried and raised."
Lamentations 2:11-22 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.