read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Hope in the LORD'S Faithfulness
Today's Passage: Nahum 2:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. Your enemy is coming to crush you Nineveh. Man the ramparts! Watch the roads! Prepare your defenses! Call out your forces!
2. Even though the destroyer has destroyed Judah, the LORD will restore its onor. Israel's vine has ben stripped of branches, but he will restore its splendor.
3. Shields flash red in the sunlight! See the scarlet uniforms of the valiant troops! Watch as their glittering chariots move into position, with a forest of spears waving above them.
4. The chariots race recklessly along the streets and rush wildly through the squares. They flash like firelight and move as swiftly as lightning.
5. The king shouts to his officers; they stumble in their haste, rushing to the walls to set up their defenses.
6. The river gates have been torn open! The palace is about to collapse!
7. Nineveh's exile has been decreed, and all the servant girls mourn its capture. They moan like doves and beat thier breasts in sorrow.
8. Nineveh is like a leaking water reservoir!
the people are slipping away, "Stop, stop!" someone shouts, but no one even looks back.
9. Loot the silver! Plunder the gold! There's no end to Nineveh's treasures — its vast, uncounted wealth.
10. Soon the city is plundered, empty, and ruined. Hearts melt and knees shake. The people stand aghast, their faces pale and trembling.
11. Where now is that great Nineveh, tha tden filled with young lions? It was a place where people — like lions and their cubs — walked freely and without fear.
12. The lion tore up meat for his cubs and strangled prey for his mate. He filled his den with prey, his caverns with his plunder.
13. "I am your enemy!" says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "Your chariots will soon go up in smoke. Your young men will be killed in battle. Never again will you plunder conquered nations. The voices of your proud messengers will be heard no more. "
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.