read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. I Will Stretch Out My Hand
Today's Passage: Exodus 7:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh, and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet.
2. Tell Aaron everything I command you, and Aaron must command Pharaoh to let the people of Israel leave his country.
3. But I will make Pharaoh's heart stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt.
4. Even then Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you. So I will bring down my fist on Egypt. Then I will rescue my forces — my people, the Israelites — from the land of Egypt with great acts of judgment.
5. When I raise my powerful hand and bring out the Israelites, the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD."
6. So Moses and Aaron did just as the LORD had commanded them.
7. Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron was eighty-three when they made their demands ot Pharoah.
8. Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron,
9. "Pharaoh will demand, 'Show me a miracle.' When he does this, say to Aaron, 'Take your staff and throw it down in front of Pharaoh, and it will become a serpent.'"
10. So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did what the LORD had commanded them, Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a serpent!
11. Then Pharaoh called in his own wise men and sorcerers, and these Egyptian magicians did the same thing with their magic.
12. They threw down their staffs, which also became serpents! But then Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs.
13. Pharaoh's heart, however, remained hard. He still refused to listen, just as the LORD had predicted.
Exodus 7:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.