read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Obadiah Meets Elijah
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 18:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. Later on, in the third year of the drought, the LORD said to Elijah, "Go and present yourself to King Ahab. Tell him that I will soon send rain!"
2. So Elijah went to appear before Ahab.
Meanwhile, the famine had become very severe in Samaria.
3. So Ahab summoned Obadiah, who was in charge of the palace. (Obadiah was a devoted follower of the LORD.
4. Once when Jezebel had tried to kill all the LORD'S prophets, Obadiah had hidden 100 of them in two caves. He put fifty prophets in each cave and supplied them with food and water.)
3. Ahab said to Obadiah, "We must check every spring and valley in the land to see if we can find anough grass to save at least some of my horses and mules."
6. So they divided the land between them. Ahab went one way by himself, and Obadiah went another way by himself.
7. As Obadiah was walking along, he suddenly saw Elijah coming toward him, Obadiah recognized him at once and bowed low to ground before him. "Is it really you, my lord Elijah?" he asked.
8. "Yes, it is," Elijah replied. "Now go and tell your master, 'Elijah is here.' "
9. "Oh, sir," Obadiah protested, "what harm have I done to you that you are sending me to my death at the hands of Ahab?
10. For I swear by the LORD your God that the king has searched every nation and kingdom on earth from end to end to find you. And each time he was told, 'Elijah isn't here,' King Ahab forced the king of that nation to swear to the truth of his claim.
11. And now you say, 'Go and tell your master, "Elijah is here." '
12. But as soon as I leave you, the Spirit of the LORD will carry you away to who knows where. When Ahab comes and cannot find you, he will kill me. Yet I have been a true servant of the LORD all my life.
13. Has no one told you, my lord, about the time when Jezebel was trying to kill the LORD'S prophets? I hid 100 of them in two caves and supplied them with food and water.
14. And now you say, 'Go and tell your master, "Elijah is here, " ' Sir, if I do that, Ahab will certainly kill me."
15. But Elijah said, "I swear by the LORD Almighty, in whose presence I stand, that I will present myself to Ahab this very day."
1 Kings 18:1-15 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.