read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. A Message About Jerusalem
Today's Passage: Isaiah 22:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. This message came to me concerning Jerusalem — the Valley of Vision:
What is happening?
Why is everyone running to the rooftops?
2. The whole city is in a terrible uproar. What do I see in this reveling city?
Bodies are lying everywhere, killed not in battle but by famine and disease.
3. All your leaders have fled. They surrenderedwithout resistance. The people tried to slip away, but they were captured, too.
4. That's why I said, "Leave me alone to weep; do not try to comfort me. Let me cry for my people as I watch them being destroyed."
5. Oh, what a day of crushing defeat! What a day of confusion and terror brought by the LORD, the LORD of heaven's Armies, upon the Valley of Vision!
The walls of Jerusalem have been broken, and cried of death echo from the mountainsides.
6. Elamites are the archers, with their chariots and charioteers. The men of Kir hold up the shields.
7. Chariots fill your beautiful valleys, and charioteers storm your gates.
8. Judah's defenses have been stripped away. You run to the armory for your weapons.
9. You inspect the breaks in the walls of Jerusalem.
You store up water in the lower pool.
10. You survey the houses and tear some down for stone to strengthen the walls.
11. Between the city walls, you build a resesrvoir for water fromt he old pool.
But you never ask for help from the One who did all this.
You never considered the One who planned this long ago.
12. At that time the LORD. the LORD of Heaven's Armies, called you to weep and mourn. He told you to shave your heads in sorrow for your sins and to wear clothes of burlap to show your remorse.
13. But instead, you dance and play; you slaughter cattle and kill sheep. You feast on meat and drink wine. You say, "Let's feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!"
14. The LORD of Heaven's Armies has revealed this to me: "Till the day you die, you will never be forgiven for this sin." That is the judgment of the LORD. the LORD of Heaven's Armies.
Isaiah 22:1-14 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.