read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. The Fall of Tyre
Today's Passage: Isaiah 23: 1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
1. This message came to me concerning Tyre:
Weep, O ships of Tarshish, for the harbor and houses of Tyre are gone! The rumors you heard in Cyprus are all true.
2. Mourn in silence, you people of the coast and you merchants of Sidon. Your traders crossed the sea,
3. sailing over deep waters.
They brought you grain from Egypt and harvests from along the Nile. You were the marketplace of the world.
4. But now you are put to shame, city of Sidon, for Tyre, the fortress of the sea, says, "Now I am childless; I have no sons or daughters."
5. When Egypt hears the news about Tyre, there will be great sorrow.
6. Send word now to Tarshish! Wail, you people who live in distant lands!
7. Is this silent ruin all that is left of your once joyous city?
What a long history was yours!
Think of all the colonists you sent to distant places.
8. Who has brought this disaster on Tyre, that great creator of kingdoms? Her traders were all princes, her merchants were nobles.
9. The LORD of Heaven's Armies has done it to destroy your pride and bring low all earth's nobility.
10. Come, people of Tarshish, sweep over the land like the flooding Nile, for Tyre is defenseless.
11. The LORD held out his hand over the sea and shook the kingdoms of the earth.
He has spoken out against Phoenicia, ordering that her fortresses be destroyed.
12. He says, "Never again will you rejoice,, O daughter of Sidon, for you have been crushed.
Even if you flee to Cyprus, you will find no rest."
13. Look at the land of Babylonia — the people of that land are gone! The Assyrians have handed Babylon over to the wild animals of the desert. They have built siege ramps against its walls, torn down its palaces, and turned it to a heap of rubble.
14. Wail, O ships of Tarshish, for your harbor is destroyed!
15. For seventy years, the length of a king's life, Tyre will be forgotten. But then the city will come back to life as in the song about the prostitute:
16. Take a harp and walk the streets you forgotten harlot. Make sweet melody and sing your songs so you will be remembered again.
17. Yes, after seventy years the LORD will revive Tyre. But she will be no different than she was before. She will again be a prostitute, to all kingdoms around the world.
18. But in the end her profits will be given to the LORD. Her wealth will not be hoarded but will provide good food and fine clothing for the LORD'S priests
Isaiah 23:1-18 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.