read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jerusalem's Rebellion and Redemption Fall of Tyre
Today's Passage: Zephaniah 3:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Simple acts of meditation are not difficult.
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
1. What sorrow awaits rebellious polluted Jerusalem, the city of violence and crime!
2. No one can tell it anything; it refuses all correction. It does not trust in the LORD or draw near to its God.
3. Its leaders are like roaring lions hunting for their victims. Its judges are like ravenous wolves at evening time, who by dawn have left no trace of their prey.
4. Its prophets are arrogant liars seeking their own gain. Its priests defile the Temple by disobeying God's instructions.
5. But the LORD is still here in the city, and he does no wrong. Day by day he hands down justice, and he does not fail. But the wicked know no shame.
6. "I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their streets are now deserted; their cities lie in silent ruin. There are no survivors — none at all.
7. I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now! Surely they will listen to my warnings. Then I won't need to strike again, destroying their homes.' But no, they get up early to continue their evil deeds.
8. Therefore, be patient," says the LORD. "Soon I will stand and accuse these evil nations. For I have decided to gather the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them. All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy.
9. "Then I will purify the speech of all people, so that everyone can worship the LORD together.
10. My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings.
11. On that day you will no longer need to be ashamed, for you will no longer be rebels against me. I will remove all proud and arrogant people from among you. There will be no more haughtiness on my holy mountain.
12. Those who are left will be the lowly and humble, for it is they who trust in the name of the LORD.
13. The remnant of Israel will do no wrong; they will never tell lies or deceive one another. They will eat and sleep in safety, and no one will make them afraid."
14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem!
15. For the LORD will remove his hand of judgment and will disperse the armies of your enemy. And the LORD himself, the King of Israel, will live among you! At last your troubles will be over, and you will never again fear disaster.
16. On that day the announcement to Jerusalem will be, "Cheer up, Zion! Don't be afraid!
17. For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."
18. "I will gather you who mourn for the appointed festivals; you will be disgraced no more.
19. And I will deal severely with all who have oppressed you. I will save the weak and helpless ones; I will bring together those who were chased away. I will give glory and fame to my former exiles, wherever they have been mocked and shamed.
20. On that day I will gather you together and bring you home again. I will give you a good name, a name of distinction, among all the nations of the earth, as I restore your fortunes before their very eyes. I, the LORD, have spoken!"
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.