read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Put on the New Self
Today's Passage: Colossians 3:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand.
2. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.
3. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.
4. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.
5. So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don't be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
6. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.
7. You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world.
8. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.
9. Don't lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds.
10. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.
11. In this new life, it doesn't matter if you are Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.
12. Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
13. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
14. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
15. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
16. Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
17. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Colossians 3:1-17 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.