read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. The Test of Greatness
Today's Passage: Luke 9:46-48
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1 The Lord now chose seventy-two other disciples and sent them ahead in pairs to all the towns and places he planned to visit.
2. These were his instructions to them:
"The harvest is great but the workers are few, So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest, ask him to send more workers into his fields.
3. Now go, and remember that I am sending you out as lambs among wolves.
4. Don't take any money with you, nor a traveler's bag, nor an extra pair of sandals. And don't stop to greet anyone on the road.
5. "Whenever you enter someone's home; first say, 'May God's peace be on this house.'
6. If those who live there are peaceful, the blessing will stand; if they are not, the blessing will return to you;
7. Don't move around from home to home. Stay in one place, eating and drinking what they provide. Don't hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve their pay.
8. "If you enter a town and it welcomes you, eat whatever is set before you.
9. Heal the sick, and tell them, 'The Kingdom of God is near you now.'
10. But if a town refuses to welcome you, go out into its streets and say,
11. 'We wipe even the dust of your town from our feet to show that we have abandoned you to your fate. And know this — the Kingdom of God is near!'
12. I assure you, even wicked Sodom will be better off than such a town on judgment day.
13. "What sorrow awaits you, Korazin and Bethsaida! For if the miracles I did in you had been done in wicked Tyre an Sidon, their people would have repented of their sins long ago, clothing themselves in burlap and throwing ashes on their heads to show their remorse.
14. Yes, Tyre and Sidon will be better off on judgment day than you.
15. And you people of Capernaum, will you be honored in heaven? No, you will go down to the place of the dead."
16. Then he said to the disciples, "Anyone who accepts your message is also accepting me. And anyone who rejects you is rejecting me. And anyone who rejects me is rejecting God, who sent me."
17. When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, "Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!"
18. "Yes," he told them, "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning!
19. Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.
20. But don't rejoice because evil spirits obey you, rejoice because your names are registered in heaven."
Luke 10:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.