read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Twelve Named and Crowds Follow
Today's Passage: Luke 1:12-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
12. One day soon afterward Jesus went up on a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night.
13. At daybreak he called together all of his disciples and chose twelve of them to be apostles.
Here are their names:
14. Simon (whom he named Peter),
Andrew (Peter's brother),
James (son of Alphaeus),
Simon (who was called the zealot),
16. Judas (son of James,
Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him).
17. When they came down from the mountain the disciples stood with Jesus on a large, level area, surrounded by many of his followers and by the crowds. There were people from all over
Judea and from Jerusalem and from as far north as the seacoasts of Tyre and Sidon.
18. They had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those troubled by evil spirits were healed.
19. Everyone tried to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and he healed everyone.
Luke 1:12-19 NLT
On what is God calling you to meditate?
There are 8 verses in this passage. Three are filled with names.
I do encourage you, to memorize the names of the apostles.
I'm trying to, too! :-) Memorization is good for the brain.
Do you find any powerful thoughts that bring you to better understand who Jesus is through this passage?
Take this to the Lord in prayer this morning.
Thank you for being with us this day as we come to you to understand you better.
Recognizing that Your Son, Jesus came to heal the sick, and feed the poor is always a power social justice reality.
But, you show us that He was also in relationship.
Bring us to understand Him better.
So that we can understand you even more.
In Jehoshua's Holy Name,
4. Consider reading the 'Learning How to Fear Well' blog this week.
It is about Lot's wife, the woman that turned to salt.
Please leave your name and last initial and any comment that you would find valuable to share.
Have a great day!
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.