read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jesus is like Melchizedek
Today's Passage: Hebrews 7:15-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
15. This change has been made very clear since a different priest, who is like Melchizedek, has appeared.
16. Jesus became a priest, not by meeting the physical requirement of belonging to the tribe of Levi, but by the power of life that cannot be destroyed.
17. And the psalmist pointed this out when he prophesied,
"You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."
18. Yes, the old requirement about the priesthood was set aside because it was weak and useless.
19. For the law never made anything perfect. But now we have confidence in a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20. This new system was established with a solemn oath. Aaron's descendants became priests without such an oath,
21. but there was an oath regarding Jesus. For God said to him,
"The LORD has taken an oath and will not break his vow:
'You are a priest forever.'"
22. Because of this oath, Jesus is the one who guarantees this better covenant with God.
23. There were many priests under the old system, for death prevented them from remanning in office.
24. But becaue Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever.
25. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
26. He is the kind of high priest we need because he is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has been set apart from sinners and has been given the highest place of honor in heaven.
27. Unlike those other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices every day. They did this for their own sins first and then for the sins of the people. But Jesus did this once for all when he offered himself as the sacrifice for the people's sins.
28. The law appointed high priests who were limited by human weakness. But after the law was given, God appointed his Son with an oath, and his Son has been made the perfect High Priest forever.
Hebrews 7:15-28 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.