read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Live in Truth
Today's Passage: 2 John 1:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
1. This letter is from John, the elder.
I am writing to the chosen lady and to her children, whom I love in the truth — as does everyone else who knows the truth --
2. because the truth lives in us and will be with us forever.
3. Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father and from Jesus Christ — the Son of the Father — will continue to be with us who live in truth and love.
4. How happy I was to meet some of your children and find them living according to the truth, just as the Father commanded.
5. I am writing to remind you, dear friends, that we should love one another. This is not a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning.
6. Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning.
7. I say this because many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8. Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked so hard to achieve. Be diligent so that you receive your full reward.
9. Anyone who wanders away from this teaching has no relationship with God. But anyone who remains in the teaching of Christ has relationship with both the Father and the Son.
10. If anyone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite that person into your home or give any kind of encouragement.
11. Anyone who encourages such people becomes a partner in their evil work.
12. I have much more to say to you, but I don't want to do it with paper and ink. For I hope to visit you soon and talk with you face to face. Then our joy will be complete.
13. Greetings from the children of your sister, chosen by God.
2 John 1:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.