read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jesus Claims to be the Son of God
Today's Passage: John 10:22-42
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
22. It was now winter, and Jesus was in Jerusalem at the time of Hanukkah, the festival of Dedication.
23. He was in the Temple, walking through the section known as Solomon's Colonnade.
24. The people surrounded him and asked, "How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly."
25. Jesus replied, "I have already told you, and you don't believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father's name.
26. But you don't believe me because you are not my sheep.
27. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
29. for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father's hand.
30. The Father and I are one."
31. Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
32. Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
33. They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."
34. Jesus replied, "It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, 'I say, you are gods!'
35. And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God's message were called 'gods,'
36. why do you call it blasphemy when I say 'I am the Son of God"? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.
37. Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work.
38. But I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don't believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Farther."
39. Once again they tried to arrest him, but he got away and left them.
40. He went beyond the Jordan River near the place where John was first baptizing and stayed there awhile.
41. And many followed him, "John didn't perform miraculous signs," they remarked to one another, "but everything he said about this man has come true."
42. And many who were there believed in Jesus.
John 10:22-42 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.