read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Dear RR&BC COMMUNITY
I am at a different location. Internet is not working, so I am doing this on my phone. This means I have no formatting available. Please read the scriptures and meditate using one of the reading strategies you see fit. Also, please pray for my son and his family. They are coming up on a hard time. May God be gloried in his service. May he and his family be protected. Thank you. I can neither confirm nor deny anything about this. So please keep your questions off internet. Only snail mail or face to face. But we value your prayers. Love Robyn and Biff.
12. “You say I am allowed to do anything”— but not everything is good for you. And even though “ I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.
13. You say, food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food. “ (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you can’t say our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies.
14. And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.
15. Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!
16. And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her?
For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.”
17. But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
18. Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as ‘‘this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
19. Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,
20. For God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:12-20 NLT
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.