read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1100. Christ is our High Priest — Hebrews 8:1-131/19/2020
Dear RR&BC COMMUNITY
I am still at a different location. Internet is not working, so I am doing this on my phone. This means I have no formatting available. Please read the scriptures and meditate using one of the reading strategies you see fit. Also, please pray for my son and his family. They are coming up on a hard time. May God be gloried in his service. May he and his family be protected. Thank you. I can neither confirm nor deny anything about this. So please keep your questions off internet. Only snail mail or face to face. But we value your prayers. Love Robyn and Biff.
1. That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth.
2. There were two rooms in that Tabernacle. In the first room were a lamp stand, a table and sacred loaves of bread on the table. This room was called the Holy Place.
3. Then there was a curtain, and behind the curtain was the second room called the Most Holy Place.
4. In that room were a gold incense altar and a wooden chest called the Ark of the Covenant, which was covered with gold on all sides. Inside the Ark were a gold jar, containing manna, Aaron’s staff that sprouted leaves, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
5. Above the ark were the cherubim of divine glory, whose wings stretched out over the Ark’s cover., the place of atonement. But we cannot explain these things in detail now.
6. When these things were all in place, the priests regularly entered the first room as they performed their religious duties.
7. But only the High Priest ever entered the Most Holy Place, and only once a year. And he always offered blood for his own sins, and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.
8. By these regulations the Holy Spirit revealed the entrance to the Most Holy Place was not freely open as long as the Tabernacle and the system it represented were still in use.
9. This is an illustration pointing to the present time. For the gifts and sacrifices the priests offer are not able to cleanse the consciences of the people who bring them.
10. For that old system deals only with food and drink and various cleansing ceremonies—physical regulations that were in effect only until a better system could be established.
Hebrews 9:1-10 NLT
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.