read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Dear RR&BC COMMUNITY
I am at a different location. Internet is not working, so I am doing this on my phone. This means I have no formatting available. Please read the scriptures and meditate using one of the reading strategies you see fit. Also, please pray for my son and his family. They are coming up on a hard time. May God be gloried in his service. May he and his family be protected. Thank you. I can neither confirm nor deny anything about this. So please keep your questions off internet. Only snail mail or face to face. But we value your prayers. Love Robyn and Biff.
11. So Christ has now become the High Priest over all the good things that have come. He has entered that greater, more Perfect Tabernacle in heaven, which was not made by human hands and is not part of this created world.
12. With his own blood — not the blood of goats and calves — he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.
13. Under the old system, the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow could cleanse people’s bodies from ceremonial impurity.
14. Just think how much more the blood of Christ-will purify our consciences from sinful deeds, so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.
15. That is why he is the one who mediated a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.
16. Now when someone leaves a will, it is necessary to prove that the person who made it is dead.
17. The will goes into effect only after the persons death. While the person who made it is still alive, the will cannot be put into effect.
18. That is why even the first covenant was put into effect with the blood of an animal.
19. For after Moses had read each of God’s commandments to the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, along with water, and sprinkled both the book of God’s law and all the people , using hyssop branches and scarlet wool.
20. Then he said, “This blood confirms the covenant God has made with you.”
21. And in the same way he sprinkled blood on the Tabernacle and on everything used for worship.
22. In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
23. That is why the Tabernacle and everything in it, which were copies of things in heaven, had to be purified from the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals.
24. For Christ did not enter a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God in our behalf.
25. And he did not enter heaven to offer himself again and again, like the High Priest here on earth who enters the Most Holy Place year after year with the blood of an animal
26. If that had been necessary, Christ would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But now, once for all time, he has appeared at the end of the age, to remove sin by his own death as a sacrifice.
27. And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,
28. So also, Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.
Hebrews 9:11-28 NLT
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.