read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. A Call to Listen to God
Today's Passage: Hebrews 12:13-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Cause and Effect
14. Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
15. Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.
16. Make sure that no one is immoral or godless like Esau, who traded his birthright as the firstborn son for a single meal.
17. You know that afterward, when he wanted his father's blessing, he has rejected. It was too late for repentance, even though he begged with bitter tears.
18. You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Istraelites did at Mount Sinai.
19. For they heard an awesome trumpet blast and a voice so terrible that they begged God to stop speaking.
20. They staggered back under God's command: "If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death."
21. Moses himself was so frightened at the sight that he said, "I am terrified and trembling."
22. No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering.
23. You have come to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect.
24. You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel.
25. Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!
26. When God spoke from Mount Sinai has voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: "Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heaven also."
27. This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain.
28. Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.
29. For our God is a devouring fire.
Hebrew 12:13-28 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.