read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Micaiah Prophesies against Ahab
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 22:10-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
10. King Ahab of Israel and King Jehoshaphat of Judah, dressed in their royal robes, were sitting on thrones at the threshing floor near the gate of Samaria. All of Ahab's prophets were prophesying there in front of them.
11. One of them, Zedekiah son of Kenaanah, made some iron horns and proclaimed, "This is what the LORD says: With these horns you will gore the Arameans to death!"
12. All the other prophets agreed. "Yes," they said, "go up to Ramoth-gilead and be victorious, for the LORD will give the king victory!"
13. Meanwhile, the messenger who went to get Micaiah said to him, "Look, all the prophets are promising victory for the king. Be sure that you agree with them and promise success."
14. But Micaiah replied, "As surely as the LORD lives, I will say only what the LORD tells me to say."
15. When Micaiah arrived before the king, Ahab asked him, "Micaiah, should we go to war against Ramoth-gilead, or should we hold back?"
Micaiah replied sarcastically, "Yes, go up and be victorious, for the LORD will give the king victory!"
16. But the king replied sharply, "How many times must I demand that you speak only the truth to me when you speak for the LORD?"
17. Then Micaiah told him, "In a vision I saw all Israel scattered on the mountains, like sheep without a shepherd. And the LORD said, 'Their master has been killed," Send them home in peace.'"
18. "Didn't I tell you?" the king of Israel exclaimed to Jehoshaphat. "He never prophesies anything but trouble for me."
19. Then Micaiah continued, "Listen to what the LORD says! I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the armies of heaven around him on his right and on his left.
20. And the LORD said, 'Who can entice Ahab to go into battle against Ramoth-gilead so he can be killed?'
"There were many suggestions,
21. and finally a spirit approached the LORD and said, 'I can do it.'
22. 'How will you do htis?' the LORD asked.
"And the spirit replied, 'I will go out an inspire al of Ahab's prophets to speak lies.'
"' yYou will succeed,' said the LORD. 'Go ahead and do it.'
23. "So you see, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all your prophets. For the LORD has pronounced your doom."
24. Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah walked up to Micaiah and slapped him across the face. "Since when did the Spirit of the LORD leave me to speak to you?" he demanded.
25. And Micaiah replied, "You will find out soon enough when you are trying to hide in some secret room!"
26. "Arrest him!" the king of Israel ordered. "Take him back to Amon, the governor of the city, and to my son Joash.
27. Give them this order from the king: 'Put this man in prison, and feed him nothing but bread and water until I return safely from the battle!"
28. But Micaiah replied, "If you return safely, it will mean that the LORD has not spoken through me!" Then he added to those standing around, "Everyone mark my words!"
1 Kings 22:10-28 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.