read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Dedication of Jerusalem's Wall
Today's Passage: Nehemiah 12:27-43
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
27. For the dedication of the new wall of Jerusalem, the Levites throughout the land were asked to come to Jerusalem to assist in the ceremonies. They were to take part in the joyous occasion with their songs of thanksgiving and with the music of cymbals, harps, and lyres.
28. The singers were brought together from the region around Jerusalem and from the villages of the Netophathites.
29. They also came from Beth-gilgal and the rural areas near Geba and Azmaveth, for the singers had built their own settlements around Jerusalem.
30. The priests and Levites first purified themselves; then they purified the people, the gates, and the wall.
31. I led the leaders of Judah to the top of the wall and organized two large choirs to give thanks. One of the choirs proceeded southward along the top of the wall to the Dung Gate.
32. Hoshaiah and half the leaders of Judah followed them,
33. along with Azariah, Ezra, Meshullam,
34. Judah, Benjamin, Shemaiah, and Jeremiah.
35. Then came some priests who played trumpets, including Zechariah son of Jonathan son of Shemaiah, son of Mattaniah, son of Micaiah, son of Zaccue, a descendant of Asaph.
36. And Zehariah's colleagues were Shemaiah, Azarel, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethanel, Juda, and Hanani. They used the musical instruments prescribed by David, the man of God.
Ezra the scribe led this procession.
37. At the Fountain Gate they went straight up the steps on the ascent of the city wall toward the City of David. They passed the house of David and then proceeded to the Water Gate on the east.
38. The second choir giving thanks went northward around the other way to meet them. I followed them, together with the other half of the people, along the top of the wall past the Tower of the Ovens to the Broad Wall,
39. then past the Ephraim Gate to the Old City Gate, past the Fish Gate and the Tower of Hananel, and on the Tower of the Hundred. Then we continued on to the Sheep Gate and stopped at the Guard Gate.
40. The two choirs that were giving thanks then proceeded to the Temple of God, where they took their places. So did I, together with the group of leaders who were with me.
41. We went together with the trumpet-playing priests⏤Eliakim, Maaseiah,Miniamin, Micaiah, Elioenai Zechariah, and Hananaiah⏤
42. and the singers ⏤Maaseiah, Shemaiah, Eleazar, Uzzi, Johohanan, Malkijah, Elam, and Ezer. They played and sang loudly under the direction of Jezrahiah the choir director.
43. Many sacrifices were offered on that joyous day, for God had given the people cause for great joy. The women and children also participated in the celebration, and the joy of the people of Jerusalem could be heard far away.
Nehemiah 12:27-43 NLT
To me it is still fun to realize that these scriptures have been prayed over and placed in order of days, But, not on a particular day. Often, the scriptures have been published on days that correlate with the activities, or traditions set for the calendar dates they land on. To that is way cool!
Please read the steps that Nehemiah went through that took the people through this celebration.
Where does your heart resound?
With the people?
With the ways to celebrate?
With the place to celebrate?
Does your heart resound with your gifts?
We celebrate our Mother's in the USA today.
Thank you for being for celebration.
We will celebrate with you in heaven someday.
We praise You and we love You.
Thank you for mom's.
In your name we pray,
I pray you can celebrate your mom's today.
Whether they are still here on this earth with you,
or whether they have passed.
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
Have a blessed day.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.