read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jehoshaphat Rules in Judah
Today's Passage: Genesis 22:41-50
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Cause and Effect
41. Johoshaphat son of Asa began to rule over Judah in the fourth year of King Ahab's reign in Israel.
42. Jehoshaphat was thirty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-five years. His mother was Azubah, the daughter of Shilhi
43. Jehoshaphat was a good king, following the example of his father, Asa. He did what was pleasing in the LORD'S sight. During his reign, however, he failed to remove all the pagan shrines, and the people still offered sacrifices and burned incense there.
44. Jehoshaphat also made peace with the king of Israel.
45. The rest of the events in Jehoshaphat's reign, the extent of his power, and the wars he waged are recorded in The book of the History of the Kings of Judah.
46. He banished from the land the rest of the male and female shrine prostitutes, who still continued their practices from the days of his father, Asa.
47. (There was no king in Edom at that time, only a deputy.)
48. Jehoshaphat also built a fleet of trading ships to sail to Ophir for gold. But the ships never set sail, for they met with disaster in their home port of Eziongeber.
49. At one time Ahaziah son of Ahab had proposed to Jehoshaphat, "Let my men sail with your men in the ships." But Jehoshaphat refused the request.
50. When Jehoshaphat died, he was buried with his ancestors in the City of David. Then his son Jehoram became the next king.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.