read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. A Son Is Promised to Sarah
Today's Passage: Genesis 18:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
1. The LORD appeared again to Abraham near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day.
2. He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground.
3. "My lord," he said, "If it pleases you, stop here for a while.
4. Rest in the shade of this tree while water is brought to wash your feet.
5. And since you've honored your servant with this visit, let me prepare some food to refresh you before you continue on your journey."
"All right" they said, "Do as you have said,"
6. So Abraham ran back to the tent and said to Sarah, "Hurry! Get three large measures of your best flour, knead it into dough, and bake some bread."
7. Then Abraham ran out to the herd and chose a tender calf and gave it to his servant, who quickly prepared it.
8. When the food was ready, Abraham took some yogurt and milk and the roasted meat, and he served it to the men. As they ate, Abraham waited on them in the shade of the trees.
9."Where is Sarah, your wife?" the visitors asked.
"She's inside the tent," Abraham replied.
10. Then one of them said, "I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife, Sarah, will have a son!"
Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent.
11. Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children.
12. So she laughed silently to herself and said, "How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master — my husband —is also so old?"
13. Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, 'Can an old woman like me have a baby?'
14. Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son."
15. Sarah was afraid, so she denied it, saying, "I didn't laugh."
But the LORD said, "No, you did laugh"
Genesis 18:1-15 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.