read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. A Plague of Frogs
Today's Passage: Genesis 8:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go back to Pharaoh and announce to him, 'This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so they can worship me.
2. If you refuse to let them go, I will send a plague of frogs across your entire land.
3. The Nile River will swarm with frogs. They will come up out of the river and into your palace, even into your bedroom and onto your bed! They will enter the houses of your officials and your people. They will even jump into your ovens and your kneading bowls.
4. Frogs will jump on you, your people, and your officials.'"
5. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, 'Raise the staff in your hand over all the rivers, canals, and ponds of Egypt, and briang up frogs over all the land.'"
6. So Aaron raised his hand over the waters of Egypt, and frogs came up and covered the whole land!
7. But the magicians were able to do the same thing with their magic. They, too, caused frogs to come up on the land of Egypt.
8. Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and begged, "Plead with the LORD to take the frogs away from me and my people. I will let your people go, so they can offer sacrifices to the LORD."
9. "You set the time!" Moses replied. 'Tell me when you want me to pray for you, your officials, and your people. Then you and your houses will be rid of the frogs. They will remain only in the Nile River.
10. "Do it tomorrow," Pharaoh said.
"All right," Moses replied, "it will be as you have said. Then you will know that there is no one like the LORD our God.
11. The frogs will leave you and your houses, your officials, and your people. They will remain only in the Nile River."
12. So Moses and Aaron left Pharaoh's palace, and Moses cried out ot the LORD about the frogs he had inflicted on Pharaoh.
13. And the LORD did just as Moses had predicted. The frogs in the houses, the courtyards, ad the fields all died.
14. The Egyptians piled them into great heaps, and a terrible stench filled the land.
15. But when Pharaoh saw that relief had come, he became stubborn. He refused to listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had predicted.
Exodus 8:1-15 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.