read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. A Plague of Locusts
Today's Passage: Exodus 10:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Return to Pharaoh and make your demands again. i have made him and his officials stubborn so I can display my miraculous signs among them.
2. I've also done it so you can tell your children and grandchildren about how I made a mockery of the Egyptians and about the signs I displayed among them — and so you will know that I am the LORD."
3. So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: How long will you refuse to submit to me? Let my people go, so they can worship me.
4. If you refuse, watch out! For tomorrow I will bring a swarm of locusts on your country.
5. They will cover the land so that you won't be able to see the ground. They will devour what little is left of your crops after the hailstorm, including all the trees growing in the fields.
6. They will overrrun your palaces and the homes of your officials and all the houses in Egypt. Never in the history of Egypt have your ancestors seen a plague like this one!" And with that, Moses turned and left Pharaoh.
7. Pharaoh's officials now came to Pharaoh and appealed to him. "How long will you let this man hold us hostage? Let the men go to worship the LORD their God! Don't you realize that Egypt lies in ruins?"
8. So Moses and Aaron were brought back to Pharaoh. "All right," he told them, "go and worship the LORD you God, But who exactly will be going with you?"
9. Moses replied, "We will all go — Young and old, our sons and daughters, and our flocks and herds. We must all join together in celebrating a festival to the LORD."
10. Pharaoh retorted, "The LORD will certainly need to be with you if I let you take your little ones! I can see through your evil plan.
11. Never! Only the men may go and worship the LORD, since that is what you requested." And Pharaoh threw them out of the palace.
12. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Raise your hand over the land of Egypt to bring on the locusts. Let them cover the land and devour every plant that survived the hailstorm."
13. So Moses raised his staff over Egypt. and the LORD caused an east wind to blow over the land all that day and through the night. When morning arrived, the east wind had brought the locusts.
14. And the locusts swarmed over the whole land of Egypt, settling in dense swarms from one end of the country to the other. It was the worst locust plague in Egyptian history, and there has never been another one like it.
15. For the locusts covered the whole country and darkened the land. They devoured every plant in the fields and all the fruit on the trees that had survived the hailstorm. Not a single leaf was left on the trees and plants throughout the land of Egypt.
16. Pharaoh quickly summoned Moses and Aaron. "I have sinned against the LORD your God and against you," he confessed.
17. "Forgive my sin, just this once, and plead with the LORD your God to take away this death from me."
18. So Moses left Pharaoh's court and pleaded with the LORD.
19. The LORD responded by shifting the wind, and the strong west wind blew the locusts into the Red Sea. Not a single locust remained in all the land of Egypt.
20. But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart again, so he refused to let the people go.
Exodus 10:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.