read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Death for Egypt's Firstborn
Today's Passage: Exodus 11:1-10
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "I will strike Pharaoh and the land of Egypt with one more blow. After that, Pharaoh will let you leave this country. In fact, he will be so eager to get rid of you that he will force you all to leave.
2. Tell all the Israelite men and women to ask their Egyptian neighbors for articles of silver and gold."
3. (Now the LORD had caused the Eyptians to look favorably on the people of Israel. And Moses was considered a very great man in the land of Egypt, respected by Pharaoh's officials and the Egyptian people alike.)
4. Moses had announced to Pharaoh, "This is what the LORD says: At midnight tonight I will pass through the heart of Egypt.
5. All the firstborn sons will die in every family in Egypt, from the oldest son of Pharaoh, who sits on his throne, to the oldest son of his lowliest servant girl who grinds the flour. Even the firstborn who grinds the flour. Even the firstborn of all the livestock will die,
6. Then a loud wail will rise throughout the land of Egypt, a wail like no one has heard before or will ever hear again.
7. But among the Israelites it will be so peaceful that not even a dog will bark. Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction beween the Egyptians and the Israelites.
8. All the officials of Egypt will run to me and fall to the ground before me. 'Please leave!' they will beg. 'Hurry! And take all your followers with you. Only then will I go!" Then, burning with anger, Moses left Pharaoh.
9. Now the LORD had told Moses earlier, "PHaraoh will not listen to you, but then I will do even more mighty miracles in the land of Egypt."
10. Moses and Aaron performed these miracles in Pharah's presence, but the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he wouldn't let the Issraelites leave the country.
Exodus 11:1-10 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.