read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jotham's Parable
Today's Passage: Judges 9:7-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
7. When Jotham heard about this, he climbed to the top of Mount Gerizim and shouted,
"Listen to me, citizens of Shechem! Listen to me if you want God to listen to you!
8. Once upon a time the trees decided to elect a king. First they said to the olive tree, 'Be our king!'
9. But the olive tree refused, saying. 'Should I quit producing the olive oil that blesses both God and people, just to wave back and forth over the trees?'
10. "Then they said to the fig tree, 'You be our king!'
11. But the fig tree also refused, saying, 'Should I quit producing my sweet fruit just to wave back and forth over the trees?'
12. "Then they said to the grapevine, 'You be our king!'
13. But the grapevine also refused, saying, 'Should I quit producing the wine that cheers both God and people, just to wave back and forth over the trees?'
14. "Then all the trees finally turned to the thorn bush and said, 'Come, you be our king!'
15. And the thorn bush replied to the trees, 'If you truly want to make me your king, come and take shelter in my shade. If not, let fire come out from me and devour the cedars of Lebanon.'"
16. Jotham continued, "Now make sure you have acted honorably and in good faith by making abimelech your king, and that you have done right by Gideon and all of his descendants. Have you treated him with the honor he deserves for all he accomplished?
17. For he fought for you and risked his life when he rescued you from the Midianites.
18. But today you have revolted against my father and his descendants, killing his seventy sons on one stone. And you have chosen his slave woman's son, Abimelech, to be your king just because he is your relative.
19. "If you have acted honorably and in good faith toward Gideon and his descendants today, then may you find joy in Abimelech, and may he find joy in you.
20. But if you have not acted in good faith, then may fire come out from Abimelech and devour the leading citizens of Shechem and Beth-millo; and may fire come out from the citizens of Shechem and Beth-millo and devour Abimelech!"
21. Then Jotham escaped and lived in Beer because he was afraid of his brother Abimelech.
Judges 9:7:21 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.