read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Thirsting for God in Trouble and Exile
Today's Passage: Psalm 42-43
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. As the deer longs for streams of water so I long for you, O God.
2. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?
3. Day and night I have only tears for food, while my enemies continually taunt me, saying "Where is this God of yours?"
4. My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be:
I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God,
singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration!
5. Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again —my Savior and
6. my God!
Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you — even from distant Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar.
7. I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me.
8. But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.
9. "O God my rock," I cry, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?"
10. Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, "Where is this God of yours?"
11. Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again — my Savior and my God!
1. Declare me innnocent, O God! Defend me against these ungodly people. Rescue me from these unjust liars.
2. For you are God, my only safe haven. Why have you tossed me aside? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?
3. Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me.
Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live.
4. There I will go to the altar of God, to God — the source of all my joy, I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God!
5. Why am i discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Psalm 42—43 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.