read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Prayer or Jesus
Today's Passage: John 17:1-26
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. After saying all these things. Jesus looked up to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you.
2. For you have given him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him.
3. And this is the way to have eternal life⏤ to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.
4. I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.
5. Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began.
6. "I have revealed you to the one you gave me from this world. They were always yours. You gave them to me, and they have kept your word.
7. Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you,
8. for I have passed on to them the message you gave me. They accepted it and know that I came from you, and they believe you sent me.
9. "My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given me, because they belong to you.
10. All who are mine belong to you, and you have given them to me, so they bring me glory.
11. Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are.
12. During my time here, I protected them by the power of the name you gave me. I guarded them so that not one was lost, except the one headed for destruction, as the Scriptures foretold.
13. "Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy.
14. I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.
15. I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.
16. They do not belong to this world anymore than I do.
17. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.
18. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world.
19. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.
20. "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.
21. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one ⏤as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
22. "I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.
23. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.
24. Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!
25. "O righteous Father, the world doesn't know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me.
26. I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them and I will be in them."
John 17:1-26 NLT
Yes, This passage is powerful.
It is filled with wisdom.
It is filled with power.
It is filled with wonder.
Thank you for being here.
Let us Worship our LORD
2nd Strategy WORSHIP
Thank you for this prayer.
We come to you with our hearts open to your words.
Thank you for this wonderful revelation into you.
Help us this day.
In your name
Please leave your name and last initial in the comments.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.