read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Charges against Israel and Judah
Today's Passage: Hosea 11:12-12:14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
12. Israel surrounds me with lies and deceit, but Judah still obeys God and is faithful to the Holy One.
1. The people of Israel feed on the wind; they chase the east wind all day long. They pile up lies and violence; they are making an alliance with Assyria while sending olive oil to buy support from Egypt.
2. Now the LORD is bringing charges against Judah. he is about to punish Jacob for all his deceitful ways, and pay him back for all he has done.
3. Even in the womb, Jacob struggled with his brother, when he became a man, He even fought with God.
4. Yes, he wrestled with the angel and won. He wept and pleaded for a blessing from him. There at Bethel he met God face to face, and God spoke to him --
5. The LORD God of Heaven's Armies, the LORD is his name!
6. So now, come back to your God. Act with love and justice, and always depend on him.
7. But no, the people are like crafty merchants selling from dishonest scales — they love to cheat.
8. Israel boasts, "I am rich! I've made a fortune all by myself! No one has caught me cheating! My record is spotless!"
9. "But I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from slavery in Egypt. And I will make you live in tents again, as you do each year at the Festival of Shelters.
10. I sent my prophets to warn you with many visions and parables."
11. But the people of Gilead are worthiless because of their idol worship. And in Gilgal, too, they sacrifice bulls; their altars are lined up like the heaps of stone along the edges of plowed field.
12. Jacob fled to the land of Aram, and there he earned a wife by tending sheep..
13. Then by a prophet the LORD brought Jacob's descendants out of Egypt; and by that prophet they were protected.
14. But the people Israel have bitterly provoked the LORD, so their LORD will now sentence them to death in payment for their sins.
Hosea 11:12-12:1-14 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.