read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. The Good and Evil Shepherds
Today's Passage: Zechariah 11:4:17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
4. This is what the LORD my God says: "Go and care for the flock that is intended for slaughter.
5. The buyers slaughter their sheep without remorse. The sellers say, 'Praise the LORD! Now I'm rich!' Even the shepherds have no compassion for them.
6. Likewise, I will no longer have pity on the people of the land," says the LORD. "I will let them fall into each other's hands and into the hands of their king. They will turn the land into a wilderness, and I will not rescue them."
7. So I cared for the flock intended for slaughter — the flock that was oppressed. Then I took two shepherd's staffs and named one Favor and the other Union. "I got rid of their three evil shepherds in a single month.
But I became impatient with these sheep, and they hated me, too.
9. So I told them, "I won't be be your shepherd any longer. If you die, you die. If you are killed, you are killed. And let those who remain devour each other!"
10. Then I took my staff called Favor and cut it in two, showing that I had revoked the covenant I had made with all the nations.
11. That was the end of my covenant with them. The suffering flock was watching me, and they knew that the LORD was speaking through my actions.
12. And I said to them, "If you like, give me my wages, whatever I am worth; but only if you want to." So they counted out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.
13. And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter" — this magnificent sum at which they valued me! So I took the thirty coins and threw them to the potter in the Temple of the LORD.
14. Then I took my other staff, Union, and cut it in two, showing that the bond of unity between Judah and Israel was broken.
15. "Then the LORD said to me, "Go again and play the part of a worthless shepherd.
16 This illustrates how I will give this nation a shepherd who will not care for those who are dying, nor look after the young, nor heal the injured, nor feed with the healthy. Instead, this shepherd will eat the meat of the fattest sheep and tear off their hooves.
17. "What sorrow awaits this worthless shepherd who abandons the flock! The sword will cut his arm and pierce his right eye. His arm will become useless, and his right eye completely blind."
Zechariah 11:4-17 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.