read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Think of Excellence —
Today's Passage: Philippians 4:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
For Familiar Passages. Read Anew!
Read the passage from Last to First!
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from for example:
Let's say you are Reading Chapter 3:10-1.
1. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the LORD. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work.
2. Now, I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche, Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement.
3. And I ask you, my true partner, to help these two, women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life.
4. Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again — rejoice!
5. Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
6. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
7. Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
9. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me — everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
10. How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have the chance to help me.
11. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
12. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.
13. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
14. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.
15. As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. No other church did this.
16. Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once.
17. I don't say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness.
18. At the moment I have all I need — and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God.
19. And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
20. Give my greetings to each of God's holy people —all who belong to Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send you their greetings.
22. And all the rest of God's people send you greetings, too, especially those in Caesar's household.
23. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Philippians 4:1-23 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.