read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. War Between Israel and Moab
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 3:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
"1. Ahab's son Joram began to rule over Israel in the eighteenth year of King Jehoshaphat's reign in Judah He reigned in Samaria twelve years.
2. He did what was evil in the LORD'S sight, but not to the same extent as his father and mother. He at least tore down the sacred pillar of Baal that his father had set up.
3. Nevertheless, he continued in the sins that Jeroboam son of Nebat had committed and led the people of Israel to commit.
4. King Mesha of Moab was a sheep breeder. He used to pay the king of Israel an annual tribute of 100,000 rams.
5. But after Ahab's death the king of Moab rebelled against the king of Israel.
6. So King Joram promptly mustered the army of Israel and marched from Samaria.
7. On the way, he sent this message to King Jehoshaphat of Judah: "The king of Moab has rebelled against me. Will you join me in battle against him?"
And Jehoshaphat replied, "Why, of course! You and I are as one. My troops are your troops, and horses are your horses."
8. Then Jehoshaphat asked, "What route will we take?"
"We will attack from the wilderness of Edom,"Joram replied.
9. The king of Edom and his troops joined them, and all three armies traveled along a round about route through the wilderness for seven days. But there was no water for men or their animals.
10. "What should we do?" the king of Israel cried out. "The LORD has brought the three of us here to let the king of Moab defeat us."
11. But King Jehoshaphat of Judah asked, "Is there no prophet of the LORD with us? If there is, we can ask the LORD what to do through him."
One of king Joram's officers replied, "Elisha son of Shaphat is here. He used to be Elijah's personal assistant."
12. Jehoshaphat said, "Yes, the LORD speaks through him." So the kings of Israel, Judah, and Edom went to consult with Elisha.
13. "Why are you coming to me?" Elisha asked the king of Israel. "Go to the pagan prophets of your father and mother!"
But King Joram of Israel said "No! For it was the LORD who called us three kings here — only to be defeated by the king of Moab!"
2 Kings 3:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.