read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Day of Pentecost
Today's Passage: Acts 2:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place.
2. Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting.
3. Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them.
4. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
5. At that time there were devout Jews from every nation living in Jerusalem.
6. When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.
7. They were completely amazed. "How can this be?" they exclaimed. "These people are all from Galilee,
8. and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages!
9. Here we are ⏤Parthians, Medes, Elamites, people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia,
10. Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, and the areas of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome
11. (both Jews and converts to Judaism), Cretans, and Arabs. And we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!"
12. They stood there amazed and perplexed. "What can this mean?" they asked each other.
13. But others in the crowd ridiculed them, saying, "They're just drunk, that's all!"
Acts 2:1-13 NLT
Today, I suggest the 1st Strategy from our list.
Father thank you for sending your Spirit.
Help us learn from these passages as you share how that transpired.
Emmanuel, you are with us.
We desire to abide in you.
In your name, Jehoshua, we pray this today.
Please leave you name and your last initial.
If God has given you any thoughts to share with the community, please do.
Praying for you today.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.