read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Elisha Traps the Arameans — 2 Kings 6:8-23
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 6:1-7
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
8. When the King of Aram was at war with Israel, he would confer with his officers and say, "We will mobilize our forces at such and such a place."
9. But immediately Elisha, the man of God, would warn the king of Israel, "Do not go near that place, for the Arameans are planning to mobilize their troops there."
10. So the king of Israel would send word to the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he would be on the alert there.
11. The king of Aram became very upset over this. He called his officers together and demanded, "Which of you is the traitor? Who has been informing the king of Israel of my plans?"
12. "It's not us, my lord the king," one of the officers replied. "Elisha, the prophet in Israel, tells the king of Israel even the words you speak in the privacy of your bedroom!"
13. "Go and find out where he is," th eking commanded, "so I can send troops to seize him."
And the report came back: "Elisha is a Dothan."
14. So one night the king ofAram sent a great army with many chariots and horses to surround the city.
15. When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. "Oh, sir, what will we do now?" the young man cried to Elisha.
16. "Don't be afraid!" Elisha told him. "For there are more on our side than on theirs!"
17. Then Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!" The LORD opened the young man's eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.
18. As the Aramean army advanced toward him, Elisha prayed, O LORD please make them blind." So the LORD struck them with blindness as Elisha had asked.
19. Then Elisha went out and told them "You have come the wrong way! This isn't the right city! Follow me, and I will take you to the man you are looking for." And he led them to the city of Samaria.
20. As soon as they had entered Samaria, Elisha prayed, "O LORD, now open their eyes and let them see." So the LORD opened their eyes, and they discovered that they were in the middle of Samaria.
21. When the king of Israel saw them, he shouted to Elisha, "My father, should I kill them? Should I kill them?
22. "Of course not!" Elisha replied "Do we kill prisoners of war? Give them food and drink and send them home again to their master."
23. So the king made a great feast for them and then sent them home to their master. After than, the Aramean raiders stayed away from the land of Israel.
2 Kings 6:8-23 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.