read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Ben-Hadad Besieges Samaria
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 6:1-7
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
This passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
24. Some time later, however, King Benadad of Aram mustered his entire army and besieged Samaria.
25. As a result, there was a great famine in the city. The siege lasted so long that a donkey's head sold for eighty pieces of silver, and a cup of dove's dung sold for five pieces of silver.
26. One day as the king of Israel was walking along the wall of the city, a woman called to him, "Please help me, my lord the king!"
27. He answered, "If the LORD doesn't help you, what can I do? I have neither food from the threshing floor nor wine from the press to give you."
28. But then the king asked, "What is the matter?"
She replied, "This woman said to me: 'Come on, let's eat your son today, then we will eat my son tomorrow.'
29. So we cooked my son and ate him. Then the next day I said to her, 'Kill your son so we can eat him,' but she has hidden her son."
30. When the king heard this, he tore his clothes in despair. And as the king walked along the wall, the people could see that he was wearing burlap under his robe next to his skin.
31. "May God strike me and even kill me if I don't separate Elisha's head from his shoulders this very day," the king vowed.
32. Elisha was sitting in his house with the elders of Israel when the king sent a messenger to summon him. But before the messenger arrived, Elisha said to the elders, "A murderer has sent a man to cut off my head. When he arrives, shut the door and keep him out. We will soon hear his master's steps following him."
33. While Elisha was still saying this, the messenger arrived. And the king siad, "All this misery is from the LORD! Why should I wait for the LORD any longer?"
2 KIngs 6:24-33 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments.
Even a period lets us know you were here.
A response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.