read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Hazael Murders Ben-Haded
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 8:7-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Someday We Will Understand
1. Stop, listen to your heart beating.
2. Remind yourself, God is God, you are not.
3. Do you find the verses offensive?
4. Are you hurt by the violence, the sin, the pain of the story?
5. Do you read a verse or reference or even a story that just does not make sense to you? Or is there an action that Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit does in one of these that you can't understand a reason it is there?
6. As you ponder and search your heart, you might be surprised at something that is revealed deep within you.
7. However, our hearts cannot be trusted in matters of faith. We sometimes must take a step out whether it makes sense, feels good, or helps us. Faith is walking into trusting the God who IS, not the God we want Him to be.
8. When we come to this point. Ask God to reveal to you His heart. It might take years. But He will bring you to that point.
9. Close your eyes and thank Him for 'helping you in your unbelief.' (Mark 9:24)
7. Elisha went to Damascus, the capital of Aram, where King Ben-hadad lay sick. When someone told the king that the man of God had come,
8. the king said to Hazael, "Take a gift to the man of God. Then tell him to ask the LORD, 'Will I recover from this illness?'"
9. So Hazael loaded down forty camels with the finest products of Damascus as a gift for Elisha. He went to him and said, "Your servant Ben-hadad, the king of Aram, has sent me to ask, 'Will I recover from this illness?'"
10. And Elisha replied, "Go and tell him, 'You will surely recover.' But actually the LORD has shown me that he will surely die!"
11. Elisha stared at Hazael with a fixed gaze until Hazael became uneasy. The the man of God started weeping.
12. "What's the matter, my lord?" Hazael asked him.
Elisha replied, "I know the terrible things you will do to the people of Israel. You will burn their fortified cities, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women!"
13. Hazael responded, "How could a nobody like me ever accomplish such great things?"
Elisha answered, "The LORD has shown me that you are going to be the king of Aram."
14. When Hazael left Elisha and went back the king aked him, "What did Elisha tell you?"
And Hazael replied, "He told me that you will surely recover."
15. But the next day Hazael took a blanket, soaked it in water, and held it over the king's face until he died. Then Hazael became the next king of Aram.
2 Kings 8:7-15 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments.
Even a period lets us know you were here.
A response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.