read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jehoram Rules in Judah.
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 8:1-6
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
16. Jehoram son of King Jehoshaphat of Judah began to rule over Judah in the fifth year of the reign of Joram son of Ahab, king of Israel.
17. Jehoram was thirty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years.
18. But Jehoram followed the example of the kings of Israel and was as wicked as King Ahab, for he had married one of Ahab's daughters. So Jehoram did what was evil in the LORD'S sight.
19. But the LORD did not want to destroy Judah, for he had made a covenant with David and promised that his descendants would continue to rule, shining like a lamp forever.
20. During Jehoram's reign, the Edomites revolted against Judah and crowned their own king.
21. So Jehoram went with all his chariots to attack the town of Zair. The Edomites surrounded him and his chariot commanders, but he went out at night and attacked them under cover of darkness. But Jehoram's army deserted him and fled to their homes.
22. So Edom has been independent from Judah to this day. The town of Libnah also revolted about that same time.
23. The rest of the events in Jehoram's reign and everything he did are recorded in the Book of the History of the Kings of Judah.
24. When Jehoram died, he was buried with his ancestors in the City of David. Then his son Ahaziah became the next king.
2 Kings 8:16-24 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments.
Even a period lets us know you were here.
A response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.