read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Jehu Kills Ahab's Family
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 10:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
This passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
1. Ahab had seventy sons living in the city of Samaria. So Jehu wrote letters and sent them to Samaria, to the elders and officials of the city, and to the guardians of King Ahab's sons. He said,
2. "The king's sons are with you, and you have at you disposal chariots, horses, a fortified city, and weapons. As soon as you receive this letter,
3. select the best qualified of your master's sons to be your king, and prepare to fight for Ahab's dynasty.
4. But they were paralyzed with fear and said, "We've seen that two kings couldn't stand against this man! What can we do?"
5. So the palace and city administrators, together with the elders and the guardians of the king's sons, sent this message to jeu: "We are your servants and will do anything you tell us. We will not make anyone king; do whatever you think is best."
6. Jehu responded with a second letter: "If you are on my side and are going to obey me, bring the heads of your master's sons to me at Jezreel by this time tomorrow." Now the seventy sons of the king were being cared for by the leaders of Samaria, where they had been raised since childhood.
7. When the letter arrived, the leaders killed all seventy of the king's sons. They placed their heads in baskets and presented them to Jehu at Jezreel.
8. A messenger went to Jehu and said, "They have brought the heads of the king's sons."
So Jehu ordered, "Pile them in two heaps at the entrance of the city gate, and leave them there until morning."
9. In the morning he went out and spoke to the crowd that had gathered around them. "You are not to blame," he told them. "I am the one who conspired against my master and killed him. But who killed all these?
10. You can be sure that the message of the LORD that was spoken concerning Ahab's family will not fail. The LORD declared thorugh his servant Elijah that this would happen."
11. Then Jehu killed all who were left of Ahab's relatives living in Jezreel and all his important officials, his personal friends, and his priests. So Ahab was left without a single survivor.
12. Then Jehu set out for Samaria. Along the way, while he was at Beth-eked of the shepherds,
13. he met some relatives of King Ahaziah of Judah. "Who are you?" he asked them.
And they replied, "We are relatives of King Ahaziah. We are going to visit the sons of King Ahab and the sons of the queen mother."
14. "Take them alive!" Jehu shouted to his men. And they captured all forty-two of them and killed them at the well of Beth-eked. None of them escaped.
15. When Jehu left there, he met Jehonadab son of Recab, who was coming to meet him. After they had greeted each other, Jehu said to him, "Are you as loyal to me as I am to you?"
"Yes, I am," Jehonadab replied.
"If you are," Jehu said, "then give me your hand." So Jehonadab put out his hand and Jehu helped him into the chariot.
16. Then Jehu said, "Now come with me, and see how devoted I am to the LORD. So Jehonadab rode along with him.
17. When Jehu arrived in Samaria, he killed everyone who was left there from Ahab's family, just as the LORD had promised through Elijah.
2 Kings 10:1-17 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments.
Even a period lets us know you were here.
A response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.