read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Revolt against Athaliah
Today's Passage: 2 Kings 11:4-12
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
4. In the seventh year of Athaliah's reign, Jehoiada the priest summoned the commanders, the Carite mercenaries, and the palace guards to come to the Temple of the LORD. He made a solemn pact with them and made them swear an oath of loyalty there in the LORD'S Temple; then he showed them the king's son.
5. Jehoiada told them, "This is what you must do. A third of you who are on duty on the Sabbath are to guard the royal palace itself.
6. Another third of you are to stand guard at the Sur Gate. And final third must stand guard behind the palace guard. These three groups will all guard the palace.
7. The other two units who are off duty on the Sabbath must stand guard for the king at the LORD'S Temple.
8. Form a bodyguard around the king and keep your weapons in hand. Kill anyone who tries to break through. Stay with the king wherever he goes."
9. So the commanders did eveything as Jehoiada the priest ordered. The commanders took charge of the men reporting for duty that Sabbath, as well as those who were going off duty. They brought them all to Jehoiaa the priest,
10. and he supplied them with the spears and small shields that had once belonged to King David and were stored in the Temple of the LORD.
11. The palace guards stationed themselves around the king, with their weapons ready. They formed a line from the south side of the Temple around to the north side and all around the altar.
12. Then Jehoiada brought out Joash, the king's son, placed the crown on his head, and presented him with a copy of God's laws. They anointed him and proclaimed him king, and eveyone clapped their hands and shouted. "Long live the king!"
2 Kings 11:4-12 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.